What causes the autumn «molt»? Can hair loss be stopped? And how to properly care for your hair in the autumn bad weather?
“Autumn is not the worst time for hair. Their condition is negatively affected by active ultraviolet radiation and temperature changes, which means summer and winter (when it’s hot in the rooms and cold outside), ”said aif.ru Oksana Chashchina, Head of the Department of Cosmetology and Dermatovenereology of the network of clinics. — The explanation for seasonal hair loss can be:
- protein deficiency
- deficiency of fat-soluble, water-soluble vitamins and minerals in the diet.
Trace elements are necessary for building keratin from proteins. Since hair is affected by everything that happens in the body, it is necessary to monitor the level of inflammation and eliminate chronic foci of infection.
“Active hair loss can begin due to the fact that the hair follicles “freeze” in the fall,” explains dermatovenereologist, trichologist at the medical clinic of the National Agency for Pharmacology and Pharmacy Tatyana Sulima. — Hair loss is normal if no more than 70-100 falls per day. If there are more of them on the comb, urgent measures must be taken. The first of them is a trip to a trichologist. It is possible that in the process of consulting a specialist, more serious internal problems of the body will be revealed, which led to hair loss.
However, proper hair care in any case and for any problems will give a noticeable and tangible result.
9 important rules
1. Walk more often. Especially in sunny weather. Hair is negatively affected by both excess and deficiency of ultraviolet radiation.
2. Try to lean on foods containing calcium — cheeses, dairy products, fish. Increase the amount of protein in your diet. Proteins are a building material, «bricks» for the formation of hair. With a protein deficiency, the follicles are easily injured and produce thin and weak rods. Such hair breaks and splits easily. Try to eat a varied diet and monitor the health of the gastrointestinal tract so that all the nutrients are absorbed.
3. Do not go outside without a hat in cold weather. From temperature fluctuations, blood vessels are sharply compressed or expanded. Because of this, blood circulation in the skin and nutrition of the hair follicles are disturbed.
4. Don’t catch a cold. Take care of yourself: any disease is a blow to the whole body, including the follicles.
5. Use skin care products with proteins, collagen, keratin. They help make hair stronger; and do not neglect the care procedures that improve microcirculation (massages, scalp peels in salons and the use of home cosmetic gadgets).
7. Do not wash your hair with too hot water. It dries out the scalp, which contributes to the formation of dandruff. It is better to use medium temperature water, and after all the masks and conditioners are washed off, rinse your hair with cool water.
8. Use shampoos with intensive restoration, moisturizing and oils if the hair is dry, thinned, dull, split ends appear. Long hair is often oily at the roots but dry at the ends, so it needs a step-by-step maintenance. A specialist will help you pick it up.
9. Take vitamin complexes designed specifically for hair. They contain plant components, a large amount of zinc, calcium, which help strengthen and grow hair. It is recommended to introduce nuts, carrots, oily fish, poultry meat into the daily diet.