In most cases, the causative agents of this disease are bacteria (streptococci, E. coli). For this reason, most often cystitis occurs in the fairer sex. Among women cystitis occurs 5 times more often than in men, and 6 times more often in girls than in boys.
Causes of cystitis in women
The structure of the female body is such that the tube located in the bladder, through which urine exits, is much shorter than the male, and it is located closer to the anus.
- In the absence or improper observance of hygiene procedures, E. coli easily enters the bladder, where it develops foci of inflammation. It should be noted that in children (girls) the symptoms of the disease are similar to adults.
- Hypothermia of the body, the legs are especially susceptible to this. Cystitis in women can be caused by a reduced endocrine function of the ovaries, in girls this function is completely absent, up to a certain point.
- Another reason is the inability to urinate immediately when you want. Regular abstinence also becomes the cause of the disease.
- Decrease in the body’s resistance to diseases, that is, a decrease in immunity. Against the background of the development of other diseases, the body is prone to inflammatory processes. Immunity can be reduced due to sudden changes in climatic conditions.
- Symptoms of cystitis may appear with an increased number of sexual intercourse. However, sexual intercourse alone cannot cause the disease. It only contributes to the manifestation of symptoms if it is in addition to the above reasons.
How is cystitis treated?
It should be noted right away that without medical intervention, cystitis cannot be cured. It can only be hidden, and at the first opportunity, the disease will again manifest itself.
Drugs are prescribed only by a doctor. At the first symptoms, drugs are prescribed to suppress infections. If the urine test does not confirm the presence of an infection in the body, the drugs are stopped. It is also worth remembering that treatment of cystitis in adults and children different.
In addition to taking antibacterial drugs, the following tips will help alleviate the patient’s condition:
- Increase fluid intake.
- Decoctions of chamomile, sage, oak bark and cranberry decoction.
Such drinks contain natural antibacterial substances. Take warm baths based on the above herbal decoctions. The water temperature should not exceed 35 degrees, and the duration of the intake should not be more than 15 minutes. The course of treatment directly depends on the general (drug) treatment.
The child’s brain and food fats: why do we need omega-3 acids?
The nutrition of many children by school age differs significantly from a healthy, balanced diet.
Published on 04/27/2015 21:11, updated on 09/27/2021 10:11
Urology / Lopatkin N.A., Kamalov A.A., Apolikhin O.I. and etc. — 2012
Treatment of acute cystitis — what’s new? / Lokshin K.L. // breast — 2009 — T. 17 No. 23
Cystitis / Khalilova U.A., Skvortsov V.V., Ismailov I.Ya. and etc. // Nurse — 2018 — #6
Features of etiopathogenesis, diagnosis and treatment of cystitis in children / Shikunova Yana Vladimirovna, etc. // Mother and child in Kuzbass — 2016
Cystitis — treat immediately!
Cystitis is easy to identify. It starts suddenly and immediately — sharply. Pain in the lower abdomen, frequent urge to urinate, constant jogging to the toilet with minimal results. Nurturing cystitis is not recommended, the case may result in acute obstruction of the urinary tract.
Treatment of cystitis in women
Acute and chronic cystitis occurs more often in women due to the structural features of the female body. In this article we will talk about the features of the treatment of cystitis in women.
Treatment of cystitis at home
Among the diseases that women suffer from more often than men, cystitis is not the last in terms of prevalence. Why does this unpleasant disease affect the female body more often?
Cystitis: signs, symptoms, causes and treatment of the disease
One of the female ailments associated with inflammation of the urinary tract is cystitis. It occurs most often among the fair sex. This is explained by the peculiarities of the female bladder, which requires more frequent emptying than the male one. In addition, it is less protected from the effects of viruses, microbes and bacteria that can cause cystitis.
cystitis treatment of cystitis
It is known that the treatment of cystitis involves the mandatory drug therapy of the disease. However, the additional use of effective traditional medicine recipes in the treatment can contribute to a faster and more successful deliverance of the patient from the disease.
Myths and truth about cystitis
Cystitis is a bladder disease that many women experience. Strangely, many people still take cystitis lightly, considering it to be something like a seasonal cold. Others, mistakenly, take cystitis for pyelonephritis, trying to be cured with folk recipes, which doctors categorically do not recommend. Perhaps it is worth bringing a little clarity to the issue of cystitis.