Today, the number of women suffering from mastopathy has increased significantly. This pathology was noted in 40-60% of patients of reproductive age. And in the presence of gynecological diseases, the risk of developing mastopathy increases to 98%.
A neglected disease threatens with severe complications, in which surgical intervention may be required. To save feminine intimate healthit is important not to miss the first signs of mastopathy, to carry out prevention and treatment in a timely manner.
Types of mastopathy
nodal — single seals appear in the mammary gland.
diffuse — the formation of many seals in the mammary glands.
Symptoms of mastopathy
Depending on the type of disease and the psychological characteristics of the woman, the symptoms may vary. But most often, mastopathy reminds of itself with aching pain in the mammary glands shortly before menstruation.
There may be engorgement and breast enlargement, which leads to swelling of the connective tissue of the mammary gland.
These symptoms are the most common and especially often disturb patients with a diffuse form of mastopathy. In this case, the pain can be unbearable.
Sometimes discharge from the nipples is possible: white, transparent or greenish. Blood discharge is very rare, which is an alarming signal.
Causes of the disease:
- Failure in the production of hormones. It can lead to constant use of hormonal contraceptives.
- Premature menstruation or delayed menopause (after age 50).
- Late first pregnancy.
- abortion. After the third abortion, the risk of diffuse mastopathy increases seven times.
- Prolonged or, conversely, short breastfeeding of a child.
- Malfunction of the thyroid gland.
- Metabolic disease.
All gynecological diseases that require hormone replacement therapy.
Prevention of mastopathy
This disease may be a precancerous condition. But this does not mean that every case of mastopathy necessarily ends with oncology, but the risk of getting sick increases significantly. Therefore, disease prevention plays an important role. Here are some preventive measures:
- Do a breast self-exam once a month. When probing, it is possible to identify single formations and nodular seals in the chest. In 10% of the disease, lymph nodes in the armpits are palpated.
- Wear a properly fitting bra: it should not be too loose or tight, but fit your size. Buy underwear made from breathable fabric.
- Give up hormonal contraceptives — they can aggravate the development of the disease.
- Try to avoid stress. If it doesn’t work, use relaxing drugs that calm the psyche, normalize blood pressure and heartbeat.
- Switch to a healthy lifestyle. Give up bad habits, develop sleep and nutrition patterns. This will help to improve hormonal balance and strengthen the immune system.
- Watch your weight and avoid obesity. Follow a special diet for mastopathy.
Follow the basic rules of nutrition. Here are some tips recommended by the US National Academy of Sciences for cancer prevention:
- most of the menu should consist of vegetables and fruits;
- give up smoked, salted and canned foods — they contain carcinogens and many harmful substances that provoke the occurrence of various diseases, including mastopathy;
- reduce your intake of salt, saturated and unsaturated fats. Salt contributes to fluid retention in the body, and adipose tissue can become an additional source of female sex hormones.
Prevention of mastopathy is very important. To preserve women’s health, choose for yourself a set of measures that will help reduce the risk of developing a dangerous disease.
Published on 11/18/2014 02:30 PM, updated on 12/13/2019 11:23 AM
Mastopathy: a new look at an old problem through the eyes of a gynecologist / Pekarev O.G., Vasiliev A.N., Popova S.P., Pekareva E.O. // obstetrics and gynecology — 2010 — 5
Mastopathy: pathogenesis and the possibility of correction / Musina E.V., Kogan I.Yu. // obstetrics and gynecology — 2016 — ten
Women’s Health: 7 Foods That Cause Thrush
Candidiasis, or thrush, is a very sticky disease, which can be very difficult to get rid of. Sometimes the treatment against him is almost powerless: after a while, he again manifests himself. What is the reason? It turns out that eating certain foods contributes to the development of thrush.
Women’s Health: Intimate Hygiene Rules
In matters of caring for our body and face, we are usually well versed. But in the matter of intimate parts of the body, the situation is somewhat different. Of course, intimate hygiene for women is a rather delicate topic. But you need to know its basic rules.