One of the strongest reasons for doing fitness is the desire for physical improvement. Bodybuilding fans are distinguished by toned athletic figures with well-developed muscles and pumped up muscles.
Both beginners in the sport and experienced athletes make significant efforts in order to build muscle in the shortest possible time. You can intensify the growth of muscle mass using a special training methodology and properly organized sports nutrition.
Features of a fitness program for gaining muscle mass
There are two types of muscles in the human body — white and red. Muscle fibers of white color have the ability to quickly contract. The presence of this type of fiber provides the strength of the athlete. Red fibers contract slowly, provide the body’s endurance, its resistance to overload and the ability to quickly recover.
In an average person, the amount of red muscle is usually 2/3 of the amount of white muscle fibers. During strength training, white fibers are loaded, with aerobic exercises for muscles, red ones.
The volume of muscle mass and the distribution of white and red fibers in the human body is determined by heredity, individual features of the body structure. When compiling a training program, it is advisable to undergo a diagnosis and determine the ratio of red and white muscles in your own body. To do this, there are proven, well-proven methods that allow you to obtain reliable information. The information obtained will help to personalize the fitness program as much as possible and accelerate the process of building muscle mass.
When striving to acquire impressive muscles in the shortest possible time, increased attention should be paid to working out white fibers. This effect is carried out through the regular performance of strength exercises for the muscles. It is recommended to devote more time to training elements with a barbell, weights, dumbbells, and not to neglect training on special simulators.
Features of performing exercises for muscle building
Exercises for muscles should be performed properly, taking into account the peculiarities of working with white muscle fibers. Intensive work of this type of muscle is carried out due to the consumption of special substances contained in muscle tissue: glycogen and creatine phosphate. The reserves of these substances in the fibers are not too large. Creatine phosphate is fully utilized within 2–3 minutes of power loading. But the fibers have the ability to quickly restore creatine phosphate reserves at the end of exposure to the muscles.
Fitness training, the purpose of which is to increase muscle mass, is recommended to be organized as follows:
- It is necessary to practice multi-repetition exercises for muscles, supplementing them with elements of powerlifting.
- The training program should include elements for working out various muscle groups, at least 4 approaches for each area of the body.
- It is recommended to allocate no more than 3 minutes to rest between sets to prevent muscle cooling.
- In order to avoid muscle addiction to the same type of load, it is advisable to alternate both the number of approaches and the number of repetitions in one approach. You can use various fitness elements to influence a specific muscle group.
- The load should be increased gradually, varying the number of approaches, increasing the weight, increasing the degree of complexity of the movements performed.
- An individual training program should include exercises for muscles of isolated action and elements designed for simultaneous work with antagonist muscles.
- It is necessary to actively use a barbell, dumbbells, weights and other weighting agents.
- It is important to rationally distribute the training time so that the reserve of forces is enough for the full implementation of the main elements.
- Training should be carried out regularly, avoiding long breaks.
Fitness classes aimed at increasing muscles must necessarily contain basic elements: deadlift, squeezing the barbell from a prone position, squatting with a barbell, etc. Exercises with weights activate the processes of protein synthesis in the body, building muscle mass.
Sports nutrition for gaining muscle mass
Properly organized sports nutrition plays an important role in the process of building muscle. A carefully thought out balanced menu is essential. The body must receive enough calories to restore its resources.
The composition and amount of food consumed daily should be determined in such a way as to stimulate anabolic processes — the processes of creating new substances, cells and tissues of the body. In the first half of the day, it is necessary to eat foods rich in carbohydrates, in the second, preference should be given to dishes with a high protein content.
Excessively fatty, fried foods should be avoided. Fat intake should be limited. The fitness menu should include a variety of cereals, vegetables, dairy products, lean meat, steamed or baked. It is necessary to be attentive to snacks before and after training, using nuts, honey, dried fruits, protein shakes for quick recovery. Food should be fractional. It is advisable to eat at the same time, 6 to 8 times a day.
Weight training and sports nutrition create favorable conditions for muscle growth. You can enhance the effect with the help of special nutritional supplements. In particular, protein intake contributes to building muscle mass and improving the performance of fitness classes. There are several varieties of it, and each athlete can choose the most suitable one for himself in terms of efficiency and accessibility. If you are in doubt about your choice, contact a professional instructor for detailed advice.