You can increase muscle volume not only with the help of high-intensity strength training, which involves working to muscle failure. If you correctly compose a set of exercises and choose an individual training scheme, you can achieve excellent results without exhausting workouts.
Seven effective exercises for pumping muscles
To build muscle mass, you can not turn to isolated loads, which are used mainly by professional bodybuilders to maintain individual muscles in good shape. Only 7 physical activities, which are traditionally included in many fitness training programs for building muscle volume, will help you pump your muscles to the maximum and at the same time not overstrain it.
An effective exercise for pumping the calf, femoral and gluteal muscles. The most effective muscle volume increases with the use of additional weights. The emphasis of the load shifts depending on the location of the feet: there are wide plie squats, as well as deep squats, half squats and squats with medium legs.
A powerful physical activity that allows you to increase the volume of the muscles of the back, hips and buttocks. Additionally strengthens the lumbar muscles and develops the strength endurance of the body.
- Push-ups on bars.
A high-intensity variation of the exercise for gaining muscle volume in the area of the arms, chest, back. All the large muscles of the upper body are actively involved in the work: the latissimus dorsi, pectoralis major and minor, serratus, as well as triceps, biceps and deltas.
A multi-complex load that allows you to simultaneously work out your arms, chest and back. Variations on the element include close, wide, and medium stance pull-ups that shift the stress to different target muscles. To include in the work of the abdominal muscles during the exercise, you can raise your legs or pull them to the chest.
Redirects the load on the large and small pectoral muscles, as well as on the deltoid, biceps and triceps muscles of the hands. It is performed by direct or reverse grip of the neck.
- Bar pull in an inclined position.
Thoroughly helps to pump the spinal muscles, including inactive dentate muscles, subscapularis and infraspinatus muscles.
Recommendations for performing strength exercises
To get the maximum benefit from strength training for muscle volume, all elements must be performed in accordance with certain rules.
- Each exercise should be done under control: without focusing on the joints and ligaments, and with the transfer of tension to the target muscles. In this case, the likelihood of injury is reduced.
- Breathing should be rhythmic and even: inhalation is done with effort (when lifting a load or body weight), and exhalation is done with relaxation (returning to the starting point).
- In the course of the entire fitness training, it is important to feel the neuromuscular connection — the way the loaded muscles are reduced. If this is not felt when performing several cycles or sets, then the weight of the projectile is too small or the physical activity is performed incorrectly.
- An increase in muscle volume requires compliance with a certain exercise regimen. It is recommended to train no more than 4 times a week so that the muscle fibers have time to recover and relax. The optimal training time is from 40 minutes (for beginners) to 60 minutes (for advanced athletes). It is also important to observe the volume of the load. To gain mass, you need to perform fewer repetitions, but more approaches (5–7 sets of 8–12 repetitions).
- During exercise, it is important to monitor the pace and range of motion. To gain mass, you will need to make slow movements in the negative phase (with resistance and maximum muscle tension) and faster movements at moments of relaxation.
- All training complexes are best performed according to the principle of alternation. The first 2–3 weeks — one set of loads. The next 2–3 weeks are different. Thus, the muscles will not have time to get used to the same type of strength training for mass.
Complexes of fitness training for different areas of the body
In order to effectively and quickly increase the volume of individual areas of the body, you will need to turn to the target complexes of physical activity. Effective exercises on the main areas are necessary so that both the lower and upper body zones are pumped evenly, and the overall silhouette is harmonious.
Each set of physical exercises can be carried out either according to the split system (when a separate zone is worked out on each separate day of training), or according to the circular principle (when the exercises are repeated one after another in 3–6 cycles). Periodically, training modes can be changed or alternated with each other. Also, many fitness experts advise combining complexes with each other. For example, the arms are most effectively pumped in combination with the upper chest, the legs — in combination with the press, the back — with the forearms or chest.
- For chest muscles.
- Bench press from the chest lying down.
- Push-ups with a wide arrangement of hands.
- Pull-ups with a wide grip.
- Lifting dumbbells in a prone position.
- Push-ups on parallel bars.
- Lifting shells in a prone position on an inclined bench.
- For the back muscles.
- Pull-ups with the elbows behind the back.
- Breeding dumbbells standing in different directions.
- Leaning back with dumbbells.
- For the press and abdominal area.
- Basic twisting on an incline bench.
- Hanging leg raises on the horizontal bar.
- Pulling the legs to the chest with an emphasis on the bars.
- Plank on the forearms.
- Side plank.
- For leg muscles.
- Weighted squats.
- Front lunges on each leg.
- Back lunges.
- Roman pull.
- Bulgarian squats with dumbbells.
- For the upper shoulder girdle.
- Pull-ups with a narrow grip.
- Push-ups with narrow arms.
- Curl of dumbbells for biceps.
- Pullover dumbbells from behind the head.
- Army bench press with a narrow grip.
- Push-ups of the body on the uneven bars.
Effective exercises of the basic complex will help in pumping muscles. Their main advantage is that they are accessible even to beginners and do not require the use of complex sports equipment. Just a few shells — a barbell, bars, dumbbells and a horizontal bar — will help to make the figure athletic, and the muscles embossed and noticeable.