Only those who have ever had a head massage by a professional master know how pleasant it is, and also very useful. This procedure has a direct therapeutic effect, as well as a lot of additional, for example, cosmetic. Of course, not everyone has the opportunity to visit a professional massage therapist, but there is a head massage technique that you can master on your own and perform if you wish.
Health benefits of massage
Massage has been used since ancient times as part of the complex treatment of a variety of diseases. Moreover, each type has its own characteristics and beneficial effects. So, traditional Chinese massage can eliminate pain and numbness in the neck, reduce palpitations and tightness in the chest. This was found out by Chinese experts who published the result of their study in World Journal of Acupuncture — Moxibustion. BUT here Swedish massage improves the quality of sleep in people suffering from chronic neck pain. These conclusions were reached by scientists who published the result of their study in the journal Complementary Therapies in CLINICAL PRACTICE.
With the help of various head massage techniques, you can improve blood circulation and lymph flow, eliminate swelling, reduce migraine symptoms, normalize blood pressure and get rid of spasms. A head massage session is a real pleasure, relaxation for a person subject to stress and psycho-emotional stress. At the same time, it is also a procedure with a pleasant “side” cosmetic effect in the form of stimulation and strengthening of hair follicles, improving their nutrition, which favorably affects the growth and general condition of the vegetation.
How to do a head massage?
How to give yourself a massage before going to bed or during the day, when there is a need to relieve fatigue and pain? Here self-massagewhich you can learn on your own:
- Perform stroking with the palm of your hand, moving from the right ear to the left. Repeat this movement in the opposite direction with the other hand.
- With the pads of the thumbs, start working out the middle of the forehead. Making kneading movements, move to the temples and return back.
- Rub the forehead along the hairline with zigzag movements, then make the same movements from the bridge of the nose up.
- Mentally divide the head into four parts and grind each separately with straight, spiral and zigzag movements.
- It is good to work out the top of the head. Here it is important to move in a clockwise spiral.
- Go down to the temples and up again to the crown. From it go down to the back of the head and climb back.
- Press with fingertips behind the ears, on the occipital protuberance and superciliary arches.
- Run your fingers through your hair, lifting it up and pulling lightly.
- End the session with strokes.
Professionals use massage cream or oil in their work, but if the skin and hair are oily, it is better to refuse to use them. You can not do massage for any dermatological diseases, during an acute infection, accompanied by an increase in body temperature. Contraindications include neoplasms, tumors on the skin. If there are problems with hair loss, there is baldness, then massage can aggravate it, especially with excessively active exposure.