A toned body is the dream of many. To have it, it is not enough to get rid of excess fat. According to modern canons of beauty, the body should have developed relief muscles. For those who want to build muscle mass, basic multi-joint exercises are indispensable. With the regularity of fitness training and the correctness of their conduct, you can quickly achieve the desired results.
It is impossible to achieve muscle mass growth without basic exercises performed with weights. They are multi-joint, involving several muscle groups at once.
Among the effective exercises that load more than two joints, experts identify 3 that give the best results.
When performing the exercise, the muscles of the whole body are loaded — from the legs to the back.
- Stand close to the barbell on the floor. Put your feet slightly wider than your shoulders, bend at the knees. Bend your back at the waist. The gaze is directed upward. Grasp the barbell with a straight grip.
- While straightening the body and legs, lift the bar from the floor. Leave your knees slightly bent. Hold in the top position for a couple of seconds.
- Slowly lower the bar to the floor.
To avoid injury, you must follow the rules for performing this element of fitness.
- It is important to understand the barbell and lower it smoothly through the simultaneous movement of the legs and back.
- The grip can be normal or multidirectional, when she turns her palm away from herself, and the other — vice versa. In the latter case, the traction should be carried out with particular care, since an element of twisting occurs.
- Deadlifting is difficult for beginners, so it should be abandoned in the first months of training. During this period, it is better to combine other basic exercises with single-joint ones.
- This is a difficult exercise, so it is recommended to include deadlift in your complex once a week, not more often.
- During intensive training, an athletic belt should be used to protect muscles and joints from injury.
This exercise from the basic complex is used to pump the muscles of the upper body. It does not require special training, even beginners can do it from the first training, without forgetting about the warm-up.
- Lie down on the bench of the simulator. The bar is at eye level. Press the buttocks into the bench, feet — to the floor. Bend your back at the waist.
- Remove the bar from the racks, taking it with a medium grip. Lower the bar to the chest without touching it.
- Pull the bar up.
- After a second pause, bend your arms, gently lower the barbell. Again, pause for a second, stretching the muscles of the chest.
- Complete the target number of repetitions and return the projectile to the rack.
There are various variations of the bench press.
By changing the position of the hands, you can load the triceps and the inside of the chest.
- Bench press with slopes at different angles.
This option is suitable for those who have been training for a long time. Here, certain chest muscles are loaded, which are given the desired shape.
- Bench press with legs.
Complicated version fitness- an element that helps more experienced athletes diversify their workouts.
The exercise helps in pumping the lower back and thigh muscles.
Beginners should squat without additional weight, with an empty neck. In the first month, his weight is enough to work out the technique. After that, you can increase the load.
The main part of the workout should begin only after warming up: squats without weights, jumping rope and stretching.
You should squat with a barbell, observing the execution technique.
- Stand straight, feet slightly wider than shoulders. The knees are soft. Place the barbell on the trapezius muscles.
- Remove the bar from the racks.
- Gently sit down until the thighs are parallel to the floor. It is necessary to ensure that the knees do not come down, otherwise they can be injured. To have a break.
- Get up by straightening your legs.
- Repeat the fitness element the required number of times and return the barbell to its original position on the racks.
Additional exercises for strength fitness training
The basic complex pumps large muscles, contributing to their growth. In order for the muscles to gain relief, and the body to be beautiful, it is necessary to additionally train small muscle groups.
Simple but effective exercises used for this purpose are also multi-joint. It should be combined with the basic ones. These include:
- traction with an inclination;
- push-ups on bars with weights;
- barbell curls.
A set of effective exercises for the week
Classes 3 times a week with one-day breaks are the best option for beginners. This mode will not allow you to overtrain, giving the muscles the opportunity to recover.
Each training plan should include one basic exercise and additional ones of the same direction. A typical weekly schedule might look like this.
- The first day. The basic element is barbell squats. You can supplement it with exercises for the development of the calf muscles. It is also recommended to include a 20-minute run in the plan.
- The second day is rest.
- Day three. The bench press is recommended to be combined with exercises on the uneven bars, bench press up.
- Day four — rest.
- Day five. It is recommended to supplement the deadlift with pull-ups on the crossbar and bending the arms with a barbell.
- Days six and seven are rest.
Tips for beginners
To achieve the desired result, even the most effective exercises must be performed following certain rules.
- Each muscle group must have time to recover, so you need to give the body a rest (at least two days).
- Due to the lack of special equipment, home fitness training cannot provide the necessary load. It is better to do it in the gym, where there is a barbell and exercise equipment.
- You can keep the motivation for training by getting a like-minded training partner. It has been proven that the spirit of competition and responsibility to other people help to achieve your goals.
- At home, you can do push-ups and pull-ups. This is a way out if there is no way to go to the gym for a workout. After all, the main condition for the effectiveness of strength training is their regularity.