The best ultrasound machines for the face
Cosmetologists divide facial cleansing devices into brushing (small brushes), vacuum and ultrasound. The first is not suitable for everyone because of the increased sensitivity to mechanical irritations. Vacuum is recommended for experienced professionals, otherwise there is a risk of unaccustomed pressure on the skin more and get injured. Ultrasound is universal: it is suitable for all skin types, the device often combines several functions — peeling, phonophoresis and lifting. Read our selection of the best ultrasonic facial cleaners and get the one that will give your skin a fresh look!
Top 10 rating
1. Pobling Pore Sonic Clear Ultrasonic Facial Cleansing Brush
This device is more suitable for massage than for deep cleansing of the face. However, if you are just getting started with beauty treatments at home, or want to give a gift as a “start”, then this option from Pobling is quite suitable. It is a silicone brush powered by batteries. The device is compact, the manufacturer offers different colors to choose from — why not a nice present for a friend or loved one? Thanks to the waterproof case, you can leave it in the bathroom and not be afraid of a short circuit due to high humidity. For maximum cleansing of the skin, it is worth using the device in the evenings after washing. Be sure to read the list of contraindications before buying. The manufacturer offers a device for all skin types.
2. PLANTA PL-HF1 Ultra Bionic Face Ultrasonic Device
Ultra Bionic has a good price and a soft pink body — that’s why there is such a high demand for it. The ultrasonic facial apparatus is suitable for cleansing, peeling and massage procedures — the indication on the body indicates the current mode. Switching is touch-sensitive, 1–2 seconds is enough. The frequency varies from 18 to 38 kHz. The power button is located closer to the handle, there is no risk of accidental pressing. Comes with a USB charging cable and a spray bottle. It will come in handy for serum and subsequent phonophoresis if you decide to do deep skin care. The manufacturer claims that with frequent use, a lifting effect is observed, wrinkles are tightened. Reviews of bloggers confirm this. Weighing only 200 grams, the hand will not get tired from prolonged use.
3. Welss Ultrasonic Facial Cleaner WS 7050
Who said that switching procedures with the 1st button is the most convenient? The WS 7050 device from Welss is equipped with 6 indicators at once, performing various functions. With its help, you can clean with ultrasound, and then engage in phonophoresis — applying a nourishing cream into open and cleansed pores on the skin of the face. For this, she will be grateful to you — the manufacturer promises to smooth wrinkles and narrow pores. With this model, it will even be possible to achieve what is usually contraindicated when working with ultrasound — remove small scars and lighten age spots. It is convenient to switch the exposure speed on the handle. The device is powered by a battery, it is convenient to charge it thanks to a special stand. Thanks to the charge indication, you will always know how much time is left for the procedure. The weight of the device is only 105 grams.
4. GESS Device for ultrasonic cleaning of the face with phonophoresis Star Face Pro
The Gess facial ultrasound machine is equipped with everything you need to feel at home, just like in a salon. Firstly, it has 3 modes of operation — cleansing, peeling and massage. Secondly, a bottle for serum distribution before phonophoresis is already included in the kit, you do not need to buy separately. Thirdly, the oscillation frequency from 28 to 35 kHz is suitable for deep ultrasonic cleaning. You can “increase” the oscillation frequency by successively pressing the VOL button. In case of inactivity for 15 minutes — automatic shutdown. The manufacturer offers a device for all skin types; draws attention to the lifting effect during course procedures. The device is powered by USB, it is advisable to leave it overnight for a full charge before the 1st power-up. Thanks to the light weight of 160 grams, it is pleasant to hold in your hand.
5. Gezatone Ultrasonic face massager with light therapy Superlifting m356
If you want to not only clean your face, but also achieve a rejuvenating effect, the Superlifting m356 ultrasonic device is for you! It is based on the impact of galvanic currents, light therapy and vibration massage. So mimic wrinkles are smoothed out, the skin acquires turgor. Some are critical of exposure to light, but studies show that blue really reduces acne, and green triggers regeneration (remember photosynthesis in biology class?) Gezatone recommends the device for all skin types.
4 modes are switched using buttons, there is a display. It is possible to work on a timer of 1–19 minutes. The device operates from the mains, the charger is included. A nice bonus from the manufacturer — goggles to protect the eyes from light exposure. The frequency of exposure is 15 kHz, the device is intended for home use and shallow cleaning. The only inconvenience is the weight, 750 grams may seem heavy to someone.
6. Gezatone Device for ultrasonic cleaning of the face Bio Sonic HS 2307 i
Unlike traumatic mechanical cleaning, the Bio Sonic HS2307 works carefully and accurately. Microvibration and ultrasound penetrate deep into the layers of the skin, “displacing” black spots, normalizing metabolism. So oily skin stops to shine, and problem skin — to constantly become inflamed. The device contains 3 types of procedures: ultrasonic cleaning, ultrasonic lifting and phonophoresis. You can safely purchase it as an anti-aging care — bloggers note the real tightening effect after a course of procedures. The modes are switched on the body (touch panel). The maximum running time of the timer is 10 minutes. The device works from the mains, a long cord may seem inconvenient to someone — but the duration of the action is not limited (as is the case with batteries and charging). The weight is very light — only 300 grams.
7. Marasil Dua Fit ION Ultrasonic Facial Brush
The original device from Marasil will not only provide ultrasonic cleaning of the face, but also give a pleasant sensation during the massage. The latter is possible thanks to the brush located on the back of the device. The teeth are silicone, so there should be no reaction. 3 types of procedures (there is also heating) are suitable for all skin types. With regular use, wrinkles are noticeably smoothed, skin color becomes healthier. The case is waterproof, so you can safely take it with you to the bathroom and sauna for SPA treatments. Dua Fit ION is battery powered and the AC adapter is included with the device. The leader offers these brushes in different colors: red, blue and pink. Symbolic weight — only 120 grams.
8. US Medica Crystal Glory Electroplated Face Ultrasound
The beneficial effects of galvanic microcurrents have been known for a long time; the device from US Medica allows you to carry out the procedure at home! The device is charged in just 2–3 hours, after which it is ready for full use. 2 types of procedures — ultrasonic cleaning and galvanotherapy — are easily switched on the handle. A timer of 10 minutes will seem insufficient to someone, however, with proper dexterity, the movements will be fast and accurate. The device is battery powered, compact — so you can take it with you on a trip. Weighing only 130 grams, fragile women will appreciate it! Due to the lifting effect, Crystal Glory is suitable as an anti-aging treatment. It is recommended to use it 1–2 times a week for a course of treatments for maximum results.
9. Gezatone Apparatus for RF lifting procedures OK 018 Bio Sonic
The OK 018 Bio Sonic is designed for in-salon lifting, but it can also be used at home if you’re looking for premium self-care. In addition to facial care, the manufacturer offers anti-cellulite effects on the skin. Chromotherapy with red color helps to warm up the epidermis from the inside and start cell regeneration. Joint exposure to RF rays accelerates the production of collagen (the hormone of youth). According to the Gezatone study, with regular use of the device, up to 45% of wrinkles disappear. The control panel is located on the case, there is a backlight — which makes it convenient to use. The device comes with 2 nozzles. The weight of the equipment is significant (more than 1 kg), power supply and operation from the mains.
10. Gezatone Device for ultrasonic skin cleaning Bio Sonic 3003
Professional apparatus for ultrasonic cleaning of the skin Bio Sonic 3003 is designed not only for the face, but also for the body. The French company Gezatone offers to fight cellulite, remove age spots using a frequency of 25 kHz — enough for deep cleaning. The device consists of a body with a display and a charger, as well as a handle with a spatula. What is convenient, there is a lid on the spatula from household dirt — it is convenient to store. 3 speeds are switched by light pressing, there is an indication and a display. Work from the mains, there is a timer. With this device, you can carry out massage, peeling and anti-aging care. Suitable for all skin types.
How to choose an ultrasound machine for the face
- skin type. For some reason, many people forget about themselves, but the result directly depends on the condition of the skin. Dry skin can be damaged by brushing, while oily skin needs more exposure. If the device is purchased for several family members (for example, mothers and daughters), or for a salon, make sure that there are enough nozzles in the set.
- Brand. This is important because ultrasound is not to be trifled with; a sudden breakdown of the device of a little-known company can cause harm and even leave unpleasant marks on the skin. Therefore, it is worth trusting trusted manufacturers like Gezatone, US Medica, Beurer — brands that are “well-known”.
- Oscillation frequency. It depends on how deep the effect on the skin will be. For light cleaning, high-frequency devices are enough; for serious peeling, you will have to buy 30 kHz and higher.
- Availability of additional functions. Phonophoresis, dermabrasion or massage are not suitable for everyone — but if you deeply understand each procedure, read the recommendations of cosmetologists, the 2‑in‑1 device can become indispensable at home.
- Shape and weight. On average, the procedure takes 20–30 minutes, so the hand can get tired from a long position “on weight”. The lighter and more compact the device, the more comfortable it is to use.
Popular questions and answers
Facial ultrasound machines are a serious technique; with the wrong choice, you can even earn paralysis of the facial nerves! Therefore, it is very important to know before the procedure, to whom it is indicated and how best to do it. With these questions, we turned to Kristina Tulaeva, cosmetologist.
What is an ultrasound machine for the face, how does it affect the skin?
• Ultrasound therapy for deeper penetration, designed for therapeutic purposes (eg, scar resorption, resorption of hyaluronic acid filler), such devices are in clinics.
• Ultrasound cleaning is the surface effect of a sound wave. It is intended for exfoliation of the superficial stratum corneum (keratolytic effect), for cleansing pores from impurities (in fact, for which we do cleaning). During the first cleaning, only 30% of open comedones are cleared, if a second cleaning is carried out within 3–5 days after, while the stratum corneum is still loose, the remaining 70% can be cleared.
The result of the effects that the skin receives from the procedure:
• improvement of microcirculation;
• increased metabolism;
• increased oxygenation;
• increased detoxification;
• destruction of the microbial cell membrane (there are contraindications, so it is better to carry out under the supervision of a specialist).
Are there any contraindications to the use of an ultrasound device for the face?
• skin diseases in the acute stage;
• infectious diseases;
• oncological neoplasms;
• the period of chemical peeling of the face;
• paralysis of the facial nerve.