An irrigator is a device that, with the help of a water jet, helps to clean the interdental spaces from plaque and food debris. It allows you to maintain oral hygiene at a higher level than using a single toothbrush. And in the presence of braces, crowns, and in general with an uneven dentition, the irrigator is indispensable.
When choosing an irrigator, you should pay attention to such points:
- Water tank size. If you are used to performing oral hygiene quickly, you can take the minimum. If you do not like to constantly add water, take the maximum.
- Availability of specialized orthodontic nozzles. Required if the user has braces, implants or crowns. Nozzles for braces and crowns are different, pay attention.
- Water supply technology. Doctors recommend pulse, most models offer it. The most innovative option is microbubble. There is also a mono-jet, it also works and helps.
- The number of modes and power of the device. Some users like it softer, others like it harder. Here you need to focus on your preferences.
Top Inexpensive Irrigators
CS MEDICA AQUAPULSAR OS1
CS MEDICA AQUAPULSAR OS1
The device is stationary, that is, it is connected to an outlet and has a large water tank (600 ml). The block with the device can be attached to the wall, then it will not take up any space in the bathroom at all.
Given the price and durability, it showed excellent test results. The manufacturer claims that with constant use, the irrigator makes teeth 2 times cleaner, gums 3 times stronger, and reduces bleeding 5 times. The number of operating modes and powers is also amazing: there are 10 of them, each user will be able to customize the device for themselves.
- Convenient modes of use (spray, jet of different power).
- Includes 4 attachments, including braces and tongue.
- The device looks stylish and minimalist.
- Economy and efficiency.
- According to user reviews, it is used for a long time and does not break.
- Complain about some noise of the device.
The Soocas W3 model is compact and easily rids the interdental spaces of food residues and massages the gums. Perfect for use several times a day and will complement the work of a toothbrush.
The kit comes with 4 nozzles, Traditionally, the device has 3 modes of use. The mechanism is powerful, according to reviews, the water jet is well sprayed and really cleans effectively. When fully charged, it can last up to 30 days.
One of the main advantages of the portable model is a large water tank, as much as 230 ml. For portable irrigators, this is a lot. The surface has rubber areas and is partially covered with pimples, so the device is comfortable to hold in wet hands. Another important advantage is the high degree of moisture protection IPX7. This means that the device will survive immersion in water for several minutes and will not deteriorate.
- Water container capacity 230 ml.
- Ergonomic design for comfortable holding.
- High level of water protection.
- Capacious battery, long battery life without recharging.
- In some stores it is sold with one nozzle, you need to control it.
XIAOMI OLYBO WL8
XIAOMI OLYBO WL8
The blue portable device has a telescopic design. When not in use, it can be compressed into a compact cylinder. Removable 150ml water container is easy to fill. If you use a special cleaning fluid instead of water, it can be carried in a tank and not be afraid of leakage. The manufacturer took care of the reliability and tightness of the design.
The device works by a pulsating method with a frequency up to 1600 times/min. A pulsating jet of water cleans the gum space and interdental spaces well. The nozzle rotates 360 degrees for maximum cleaning comfort. The model is recommended in orthodontics for bleeding gums, it makes a soft and beneficial massage.
The battery of the device allows it to work up to 45 minutes without interruption. This is not the maximum value among irrigators from our rating. However, in relation to the quality of cleaning and the survivability of the device, it is normal. Charging is done via USB.
- Sealed against splashes (however, rinsing under the stream is not recommended).
- Made from food safe plastic, the manufacturer focuses on this point.
- Powerful cleansing jet.
- Long life battery.
- Very compact and portable.
- According to reviews, not everyone has enough power.
- Contacts may oxidize if rinsed under running water (as in all previous models).
VES ELECTRIC VIP-009
VES ELECTRIC VIP-009
The main advantage of the model is a large water tank. It can be recommended to those who are used to thoroughly cleaning all the interdental spaces that they can reach, and who lack the volume of portable irrigators. Of course, such a device is difficult to take with you on a trip. But for the house it will be very comfortable. The design is well thought out, in the lid there is a case for nozzles and various functional trifles.
The model is not just an irrigator, but a whole station for maintaining oral hygiene. The kit comes with several nozzles (namely 7), including for cleaning the tongue and the inside of the cheeks. The VIP-009 is perfect for users who need to clean their dental “pockets” and other hard-to-reach places.
- The volume of the container for water is 600 ml.
- High pulsation power.
- Effectively cleans the spaces between teeth.
- Suitable for those who need an irrigator several times a day.
- Convenient fittings.
- The power cord is short, you need an outlet in the bathroom.
The B.Well WI-911 irrigator is equipped with a modern powerful battery, which is enough for more than a month of work. Or 70 minutes of pure usage time. If there is no outlet in the bathroom, then the possibility of rare recharging will benefit. The device can be charged and taken with you for a month on a trip. Like many other models with capacious batteries, it charges within 8 hours.
Three functional modes for cleaning teeth, healing and massaging the gums are what the device can boast of. The nozzles have a circular rotation, this significantly benefits the ergonomics of use. Two nozzles in the kit come with color labels — you can use it for different family members and not be confused.
- The battery charge lasts for a long time (convenient if there is no extra outlet).
- Ergonomics and ease of use.
- Easy nozzle change with the push of a button.
- You can buy nozzles, they are on sale.
- Well cleans the gaps between the teeth and removes plaque.
- It is necessary to adapt to the stream of water, it may seem too strong.
The power of the water jet is adjustable and provides 3 modes. Includes 3 nozzles with different functions. The irrigator will do a good job of cleaning gum pockets, crowns, braces and just gaps between teeth. Removes plaque and even helps to cope with plaque on the tongue. Can be used on natural teeth and implants.
The device looks stylish, placed in a black streamlined case. It surpasses previous models in the ability to better regulate the water pressure. Suitable for people suffering from gingivitis and other diseases of the oral cavity. And also for those who just want to take care of the beauty of a smile.
- Interesting appearance.
- Convenient to use and efficient.
- Massages gums.
- Holds a charge well.
- Great user experience for the price.
- The capacity of the tank is not enough for a thorough cleaning.
- Sometimes users complain that the nozzle holder breaks.
The pulsating device is suitable for people with periodontal disease, it easily massages the gums. Will be good for regular use after every meal. Thanks to the bubble water supply, it copes with plaque, slows down the development of tartar, and prevents bad breath. The tank volume of this model is larger than the previous one in our rating and is 180 ml.
The model charges faster, it will take 4 hours to fully recharge. It is also compact, suitable for travel, you can even take it to work to care for braces. The design is cute, you literally want to take the device in your hands. In general, the model is one of the most affordable among wireless.
- Easily removes stubborn plaque.
- Nozzles can be stored in a water tank so that they do not get dirty.
- Compact and efficient.
- The nozzle easily reaches even problem areas.
- Works on 3 modes: massage, soft and standard.
- Works up to 1 month without recharging.
- Only one nozzle is included (but others can be purchased separately).
- Not all users have enough power.