Every morning begins with a struggle with yourself and with laziness. I don’t want to wake up. The pillow beckons, the blanket hugs comfortably, dreams are overlooked. If your beloved cat also comes with a lulling purr, there is practically no chance to get up on time. But daily worries require composure, attention and energy. How to learn to wake up easily and with joy? MedAboutMe shares the secrets to waking up easily.
Proven recipes: how to beat sleep
Now there will be another discovery of America simultaneously with the invention of the bicycle, but it is impossible not to say about it: the best way to wake up easily in the morning is to sleep well.
And to get a good night’s sleep, you need to do more than just sleep a lot. The secret is to sleep properly.
- Your bed should be comfortable: the right mattress, a moderately warm blanket, a comfortable pillow, nice and clean bedding.
- The sleeping room should be at a comfortable temperature and fresh air. And darkness.
- You need to go to bed not too late: at 22–23 hours.
- Before going to bed, you should not overeat, but you should not lie down on an empty stomach either.
- It is not recommended to watch movies that cause strong emotions before going to bed. Instead, it is better to take a short walk at a calm pace.
- The recommended sleep duration is 7–9 hours.
Try to follow these recommendations for a week, and you will see: it will become much easier to wake up. And after a month, the habit of waking up without an alarm clock can form by itself.
How to help your body wake up
Coffee? Despite the prevailing stereotypes, a fragrant drink is not the best way to stir up the body and turn the brain into working mode. If only because not everyone has an invigorating effect on coffee: for many, an irresistible desire to fall asleep right here and now does not disappear anywhere. Only in the company to this desire is added a heartbeat and trembling in the hands. And over time — and the darkening of the enamel of the teeth, which will not improve the image of a person suffering from eternal lack of sleep.
But if you still can’t imagine the beginning of the day without a cup of coffee, go at least to a natural brewed drink, giving up the instant one. The smell of freshly ground natural coffee beans alone can give vivacity and drive away the remnants of sleep.
But it is best to approach the solution of the problem in a complex way.
Brain stimulation through all channels of perception
The sleepy brain can be quite revitalized without pumping yourself up with caffeine. It is enough to make all the senses work: sight, hearing, smell, touch, taste, acting according to simple and effective recipes.
- Open the window, turn on the light. You will want to close your eyes, but it will pass quickly.
- Do eye exercises.
- On the way to work, peer into the landscape outside the window, trying to notice the small details of the landscape.
- Turn on energetic music. Under it, you can wash your face, cook breakfast, dance and sing along.
- Talk to someone — with a loved one, with a child, with a cat or with your own reflection in the mirror.
- Tell your mirror self about your plans for the day, about how everything will turn out great for you. Confess to yourself in eternal happy love. If this monologue causes laughter, or at least a smile, great!
- Spicy food in the morning is not recommended. But that’s no reason not to use your taste buds to stimulate your brain!
- After a serving of healthy oatmeal, drink a glass of fresh orange juice — this will give you a bright taste sensation and replenish your vitamin reserves.
- You can eat some dark chocolate.
- The first thing your nose will smell in the morning is the scent of soap or shower gel. Choose them so that the smell is pleasant and fresh.
- The aroma of natural coffee is also invigorating. Do not deny yourself the pleasure of inhaling the bitter fragrance escaping from under the lid of the coffee grinder. Breathe it, enjoying it and waking up more with each breath.
- When squeezing juice from an orange or grapefruit, do the same: the smell of citrus fruits is considered one of the most invigorating.
- Kiss the top of your loved one or child: the smell of his hair will cause such a sharp attack of tenderness that you will wake up involuntarily!
- Wash with cold water. Or wipe your face with an ice cube. If the ice is made from a decoction of herbs or juices, the skin will only get better.
- End your morning shower with contrasting temperature changes. There is nothing more invigorating than a cold dousing from head to toe. But this procedure is not to everyone’s liking, so you can get by with just alternating room and warm water. Keep in mind: the greater the difference in water temperature, the more pronounced the invigorating effect will be. The contrast shower also has contraindications: heart and vascular diseases (including hypertension, cerebrovascular accidents), acute thrombophlebitis and blood diseases.
- Step out onto the balcony and breathe in the fresh air. Or at least open the window, arrange a thorough ventilation.
- Wake up your body with physical activity. Dance while your breakfast is being prepared. But it’s better to do morning exercises — the morning set of exercises is called exercises for a reason!
- Help yourself wake up with an express massage: vigorously rub your palms, ears, temples, nose.
Selecting an alarm
A good alarm clock can also play a role, but it will always be secondary. In the end, any alarm clock is just a brainless little thing that an inventive sleeper can always fool, shut up and even destroy.
With a properly organized rest, you will wake up a few minutes before the alarm goes off. And it is right.
However, at the initial stage, it is possible to use these infernal and inhuman products of technology, in conjunction with some simple tricks.
- Don’t put your alarm clock close to the bed. Let it rumble, ring and howl somewhere in the distance. So that it’s not enough for you to just reach out to silence him. If you have to get up and walk a few meters to the screaming and rattling instrument of morning torture, the dream will be reliably interrupted.
- Change your alarm sounds if possible. Ideally, every day, so that the sleepy body does not have time to get used to it.
- Set several alarms so that they start their dirty work with an interval of several minutes.
Light alarm clock “Dawn” Medisana Wake-up light WL-450
At the appointed time, the smart device illuminates the bedroom with a light that simulates the morning sun, after which the sound signal turns on.
Alarm clock “Dumbbell”
To turn off the signal, you will have to perform a certain number of movements with a half-kilogram dumbbell in your hands. The number and type of exercises is set in advance, the alarm clock controls the implementation using the built-in motion sensor. A great incentive not to miss a workout!
Running and flying alarm clocks
Simultaneously with the inclusion of the signal, the alarm clock starts to run away or fly away from its place. To turn off the melodic loud sound, you will first have to catch a nimble device that will try to dodge
Everything that was listed above, in reality, is only an aid to wake up and tune in to vigorous activity. The main thing is the right motivation.
Remember with what ease, with what energy you wake up without any alarms, if in the morning you have a meeting with your loved one or another pleasant and desired event. Remembered? Excellent.
Now try to accustom yourself to perceive each day as a wonderful, promising meeting with a one and only life. With a many-sided reality, fraught with many opportunities to become happier. With a future that will certainly be bright and joyful.
Perry Samothin, StyleCaster Editor, New York
Morning impulse is like a new birth, not everyone and not always succeeds easily and painlessly. But it’s still a pity to oversleep all your life. Therefore, it is worth learning to wake up easily and with pleasure.
Everyone finds their own tricks to help wake up. This set helps me:
- I always wake up at the same time, both on weekdays and on Sundays. The body loves order.
- You need to get up immediately, not succumbing to the temptation to lie under the covers “one more minute, just one!”
- The first thing I do when I leave my bed is open the window to let fresh air and light into the room. Whatever the time of year.
- I always finish my shower with cold water, at least for a few seconds.
- I drink morning coffee without milk and sugar.
- Breakfast I prefer protein, but not heavy. As a rule, it is completed with a glass of orange juice.
- Be sure to call my mother to wish her a good day and just talk.
After that, you can safely go to conquer the world: the body and brain have awakened, joined the work and are ready to solve any problems.