Full sound sleep is necessary for normal life. But sometimes there are disturbances associated with sleep. For example, insomnia or sensitive weak sleep. How to deal with such a condition? What to do before bed to fall asleep quickly and not wake up several times in the middle of the night?
What should be done before bed?
First of all, you need to prepare the room. What needs to be done for this? Before going to bed, be sure to ventilate the room. An influx of fresh air is necessary for quality rest. Also, dim the lights. After all, bright lighting does not contribute to relaxation and rest.
It is also important to prepare the bed. It is best to purchase an orthopedic mattress or pillow. This will allow you to comfortably sit on the bed and really relax while you sleep. Bed linen should be made from natural fabrics.
In addition, you should prepare yourself. Before going to bed, go for a walk. Even a short twenty-minute walk will allow you to relax, get rid of excessive fatigue, reload your thoughts, saturate the body with oxygen. You can walk with your spouse, with a friend, alone or with a dog.
Another way to relax before going to bed is water treatments. You can take a bath with fragrant salts, essential oils, or even a regular shower (but it should not be a contrast).
An hour before bedtime, you should forget about work or computer games. It is very important that during these hours the pastime is calm and passive. You can read a book, watch a light movie, listen to calm music. But correspondence, watching the news, talking on Skype — all this strains, and does not unload the brain.
The bottom line is that before going to bed you need to relax, disconnect from problems, forget about work tasks and troubles. And for this, any relaxing activities and procedures are suitable. This will help you fall asleep quickly.
Natural sleeping pills for sweet sleep
If sleep comes quickly, but awakening is possible during the night, then it is worth trying natural sleeping pills. A sweet dream is possible only with the right choice of such a remedy.
What can be used? A very effective remedy is warm milk. This drink contains the amino acid tryptophan, which helps produce serotonin. And this hormone, in turn, affects the quality of sleep.
Another remedy is honey with water (sweet water is for sweet sleep). What is the benefit of this drink? It’s simple: honey water soothes. But you need to drink it at least half an hour before bedtime, otherwise it will not have time to act and you will have to suffer in bed for thirty or more minutes.
Here are some more natural sleeping pills:
- pumpkin — a little pumpkin should be boiled for 10–15 minutes. Strain and add a spoonful of honey. You should drink a third of a glass every evening before going to bed;
- lemon balm or mint — pour boiling water over the grass and leave for an hour, then strain. Drink this drink half an hour before bedtime. Proportions: two teaspoons of herb per glass of water;
- viburnum — 5 g of viburnum should be poured with 150 ml of cold water. Leave for half an hour, then cook for another thirty minutes over low heat. Cool and strain. You can drink 50 ml a couple of times a day after meals;
- chamomile — pour a teaspoon of flowers with a glass of boiling water, leave for half an hour. Strain the resulting infusion and drink half a glass before going to bed. If desired, you can add a little honey;
- oregano — this plant also helps to cope with bad sleep. It is necessary to pour 200 ml of boiling water two teaspoons of herbs. Infuse for 20–30 minutes, strain. Every evening, drink half a glass of warm infusion;
- cherry juice — half a glass of such a drink will definitely give a hypnotic effect.
It must be borne in mind that any herb can cause allergies. Therefore, you should start taking such drugs carefully, with a small dose. If there are no side effects, you can increase the dose. The same is true for honey. This product is a strong allergen, so you need to use it carefully.
Foods to help manage insomnia
Nutrition is also important. After all, fatty, spicy food irritates, leads to heaviness in the stomach and, of course, to insomnia. In general, nutrition throughout the day should be complete, the diet should be balanced. But there are some nuances.
For deep and sound sleep, it is necessary to introduce foods that are rich in carbohydrates into the diet. But this does not mean that you have to eat chocolate and cakes. It is better to choose cereals, fruits, whole grain bread. In addition, the menu should contain foods high in B vitamins. You can find them in vegetables, liver, beef, cheese, rye bread, nuts, dried fruits, fatty fish. Necessary for excellent sleep and magnesium with calcium. These substances are found in sesame, cocoa, buckwheat, bananas, milk, cheese, fish, herbs, turkey meat.
In your diet for sleep problems, you should add foods such as:
It is important to make the right menu. So, in the morning it is best to consume complex carbohydrates, at lunch — protein foods, vegetables and fruits, and in the evening you should give preference to easily digestible proteins, as well as vegetables. Meals should be varied, but taking into account the peculiarities.
A sample menu for insomnia can be compiled as follows:
- breakfast: oatmeal in milk with berries, a slice of cheese and freshly squeezed juice;
- snack: banana, berry and almond smoothie;
- lunch: vegetable soup, liver stewed with vegetables, cocoa;
- afternoon snack: yogurt;
- dinner: scrambled eggs with fish pieces and herbs, cherry juice;
- before bedtime: herbal tea or a glass of milk.
In the evening, you should give up sweets, it is better to eat some dried fruits or fresh sweet fruit. If you really want something sweet, you can make a fruit smoothie or drink a cup of mint tea with a spoonful of honey. A sweet dream will not come if you eat cakes and sweets for the night.
Nutrition is very important for a full and sound sleep. But do not forget about other ways: natural sleeping pills, relaxation. Physical activity during the day is also useful, but it should not be excessive. You can try different ways and methods that will help you get a good night’s rest during sleep. Something is sure to fit.