What should be in the discharge envelope so that the baby is cozy and comfortable, the photos of this event are truly festive, and the first walks with mom are comfortable. Almost all young parents ask this question in one way or another. Many people prefer to buy the things the baby needs in advance, carefully studying the range of stores. However, some parents leave acquisitions for later. In both cases, it would be useful to find out exactly how to choose high-quality first clothes for a baby, what to look for when buying, and how to supplement the store offer so that the envelope lasts longer.
- The season matters
- Choose completeness
- What to wear under the envelope?
- Quality is above all
The season matters
Newborn clothes are subject to special, strict requirements. The little man will not be able to explain that the seam is rubbing somewhere, the lining has slipped or the clasp is pressing. Moreover, it will be difficult to understand whether he is cold or hot. Therefore, all statement envelopes have a fairly clear division by season:
- There are light, elegant models made of pure cotton. They are very soft, decorated with openwork lace, can have several options for functional fasteners and unfold into a small light blanket with a decorative corner. These are summer envelopes. Cotton is hygroscopic and allows the body to “breathe”. In such envelopes, the baby will not be hot even in the warmest weather.
- There are more dense models, insulated with soft fleece or fine wool, quilted with a layer of holofiber and easily transformed into semi-overalls. These are spring/autumn options. Their advantage is that even in wet and windy weather the baby will be cozy and comfortable.
- Another type of models is winter envelopes for statement. These are things well insulated with fur and wool with a windproof top layer on a strong fastener with a hood and several transformation options.
What is included in the checkout envelope? Different manufacturers offer different solutions. It can only be an envelope, without additional “options”. Everything you need — cotton and flannel diapers, undershirts, socks, bonnets and hats in this case will have to be purchased separately. You can save time and money by opting for pre-packaged packages. As a rule, such a kit can include from four to six different items:
- A festively decorated duvet cover made of embroidered calico. He simply puts on a warm (winter) or light (summer) blanket.
- Decorative corner — cotton, soft diaper with a beautifully designed corner that covers the head and face of the baby. The elegant part can be decorated with lace or a soft “veil”.
- A light cotton undershirt or a pair of cotton and flannel undershirts. In this case, you do not have to think about what to wear under the envelope for the statement.
- A cotton or flannel cap is a cap for a baby with external flat seams. As an addition for cold weather, you can consider the option of fine wool or fleece.
- For girls, they often choose sets that include a scarf. This is a good option for hot summer weather.
- A useful addition will be soft mittens that will protect the baby’s hands and prevent him from accidentally scratching himself.
What to wear under the envelope?
Older mothers remember that pediatricians strongly advised swaddling children up to a certain age, therefore, diapers were mostly in use. More “adult” clothes were bought when the baby began to sit down, made attempts to crawl. Now there are no such restrictions. From birth, children are dressed in elegant rompers, blouses, bodysuits, suits and even dresses. Manufacturers offer a wide selection of insulated and lightweight items. In what to dress your child for discharge — everyone decides for himself. However, it is worth remembering that an extract is a slow process. Preparation of documents, ceremonial farewell, photo shoot… All this time, a small person should feel as comfortable as possible. Therefore, you should not choose things with folds, fasteners and additional seams for an envelope.
Quality is above all
Before paying for the model you like, make sure that it is of high quality. All seams must be overlaid, made using special technology. A set of things that are worn under the envelope should be made of natural materials. The envelope itself for extract should not be with creases and extra folds, all decorative elements are firmly sewn to the outside of the product. The lining should not stray inside; when unfolded in a quality product, it fully corresponds to the internal size of the envelope. Also check the quality of the fixing elements and fasteners.