Statistics show an increase in the number of women who become pregnant for the first time at the age of 30–39 by 2.5 times. And the number of first-time pregnant women after 40 has increased by almost 50%. Indeed, in past decades, the course of the biological clock was already noticeable by the age of 30, and today even at 40 it is not so obvious. Not surprisingly, many women are wondering — how dangerous is pregnancy at 40?
Doctors say that the optimal age to get pregnant and give birth is 20–24 years. But psychologically, such a young girl may still not be ready for this colossal responsibility. Moreover, the full emotional maturation of a woman occurs only a decade after puberty. Therefore, today, young mothers at the age of 35 do not belong to the risk group. A woman who gives birth at 40 will also have a healthy child if she has maintained her health, physical fitness, is not barren and has not had miscarriages.
It is impossible to completely eliminate the risks and guarantee the ideal course of pregnancy, but nevertheless the risks are often exaggerated, and the right approach can completely minimize them. Most of the risks associated with the problems of endometriosis and fibroids. To exclude an incorrect course of pregnancy, the expectant mother must prepare for conception — do fitness, put in order physical form.
Future organs of the crumbs are formed during the first 3 months. That is when the baby is most vulnerable. A pregnant woman should:
- give up smoking and alcohol,
- do therapeutic exercises,
- provide yourself with proper nutrition,
- take a special complex of vitamins.
Compliance with all these requirements will increase your chances of a successful pregnancy and the birth of a healthy baby several times over. However, do not forget that therapeutic exercises may have a number of contraindications, which should not be ignored.
Every woman who decides to get pregnant at 40 should correctly assess the degree of risk — this will help reduce stress and minimize birth complications. After all, thoughts about diseases can materialize — it has been proven that strong emotions lead to biochemical changes in our body. So if at forty you decide to give birth to a child for the first time, then the slightest signs of a violation of the development of pregnancy require an immediate visit to a doctor.
The benefits of late pregnancy are obvious:
- women at this age are maximally prepared for pregnancy, childbirth and raising crumbs,
- representatives of the fair sex in adulthood are not subject to mental fluctuations (ambivalence) throughout the entire period of pregnancy, and also quite rarely face internal conflicts — and this fact has its scientific confirmation. In addition, a woman at forty is much more disciplined, and her life is orderly and measured. It is impossible not to note the material factor — the child of such a mother will be provided with everything necessary from the first days and is guaranteed to become a joy, not a burden. And such pregnant women do not ignore doctor’s prescriptions, which improves the course of pregnancy.